Thursday, January 8, 2015

Always something new... and old



Snow and wind.


Is there anything better than keeping yourself and those you love warm with your own muscle and know how?


Went out to the barn the other day for a walk.  Rambo is mostly blind now, but he is healthy otherwise and seems in good spirits.  Fortunately, he has a seeing eye primate.  You gotta love the love in this picture.



Warming myself a second time.


Ok, I'll admit the house coulda been a little warmer last night.  "Fire it up!" says Sarah.  Teacher friends will know what I'm talking about when I relate that it's been so heart warming to listen to Sarah learn how to use her sewing machines.  Every couple minutes I hear "hmmmm" or "Oooh" or "Ah!" ...or "Shit." The sounds of learning.


"Look what I did!"  After a test drive, Sarah proclaimed the pillowcase fit for her sacred pillow.  Not a bad first project!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

jugging from the fact that Sarah is wearing scarf and hood in the house, it's should be really cold! it's good that you have all that wood! Nice pillow case Sarah, the sew machine seems as a nice toy for the cold winter afternoons.

Adam said...

Nice post! I'm hoping that Karen will show me a thing or two about my inherited sewing machine when she comes out in Feb! (how to turn it on??) I'm really excited to just learn how to do some basic stuff like hem curtains and finish the edges on some of the napkins that we used at our wedding. Glad to see that you're finding fun stuff to keep you occupied over the winter! I do miss the snow but absolutely don't miss the cold. I've become a true desert rat :) Hope to talk to you soon.

LeAnna

Karen and Pat said...

Keith - I love that first picture! We don't have wall space for all the photos I would like to print and frame. I feel like I need a gallery. And then there is the shot of Sarah and Rambo...I am still sulking about not making my trip this weekend, although the pileup and fireworks accident took off the edge. I can't wait to see the recital video!