Sunday, August 4, 2013

Livin' the eclectic life!

I haven't updated lately because I've been so busy, so it's time to get caught up.

I've been collecting pallets for some projects. 

Pulled 'em apart with the gerber and some other tools.


Wood pallet, deconstructed.

Here's the pallet at Pat's, re-imagined as a storage station.


I'm really proud of the little cabinet I made for it.


Found another double bit axe to work on.  Have done a little, but have to finish it this week.


I helped Sarah make some pickles and dilly beans!  It's always fun to can and jar together.



Not sure how this will show up, but it's supposed to be a movie of the tree chipper in action.  That might be the scariest, most abusive, loudest, most unpredictable machine I've ever worked with.


I had an exciting day at Greg's that started with having to tie branches of a spruce back, climbing into the tree, and cutting the aspen out of it.


Dropped a pine on the other side of the property.  Of course I didn't take my wedges with me, so made some quick wooden ones that worked just fine!


The big dead aspen that had some crazy lean and no room to move.


And then it was gone.  It's what I do.  I was really proud of this one.  The tree was in the middle of the woods, had some crazy kinks and lean and a canopy of widow makers, but I dropped it just where I wanted, with minimal damage to other trees, and most importantly, not hung up.



I did a little flooring.  Pretty fun, but like all chores, more fun when I have the right tools.


This is my swollen hand (stung by a bald face hornet) which instigated an emergency trip to the ocean for the salt water, sun and sand cure.


The swollen hand didn't keep me out of the woods, though!  The thought of the beach kept me going, too.  That post will be up shortly!



3 comments:

Karen and Pat said...

Fun to see your tree whacking work...do be careful. Check for bees! So if your teaching/mentoring career fizzles at least you have a back-up. Loved spending a few days with you and Sarah at the beach. Hope the "therapy" was successful. LOL xxoo

Nathan Oberlander said...

We calls em "white faced hornets where ahm from.

Nathan Oberlander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.