Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Find the hole in the fence...

and sprint away like a delirious zoo animal!










 Stopped at a billabong for some refreshment.
 Went to the Ornithology Lab for a hike... it's safer there than in the killing fields near home ;-)
 Dude found a giant stone egg.  Normally I don't go for this hippy rock stacking crap.  I tend to think the rocks look better where Darwin placed them, that goes for sticks and leaves, too.  I was mumbling something along that line to Sarah and muttering about Andy Goldsworthy wannabes when I spotted a plaque on the ground.  Seems this one was made by... wait for it... Andy Goldsworthy.  Of course since this is Cornell property, they glued the whole thing together so that it would last forever, whereas Goldsworthy usually uses only natural materials and then leaves them to entropy.   Make of that what you will.

 There were lots of cool fungi.  Nobody installed these, they're just doin their thing.



1 comment:

Karen and Pat said...

LOVE the fungus. I want to be a mycologist when I grow up...or maybe in my next life, just in case I run out of time in this one!