Thursday, July 19, 2012

A quick list of things that my boss said to me over dinner last night

In response to me saying that I thought the new volunteers sounded good via e-mail:
"Keith, you have to assume they all wear black socks with their shorts and sandals until you see otherwise."

His advice for managing the camp:
"Your my CEO, so act like a CEO.  Be a little more corporate and less governmental."
and
"A gentle administrator can be effective... but Jimmy Carter was a gentle administrator and you know how that turned out... One term."

On his soon to be son in law asking for advice and life lessons:
"I'm not Dr. F***ing Phil for christ's sake."

And in response to one of my plans:
"It's all well and fine to expect one thing, but you need to plan for the other, too... cuz it's not going to work"

He's a peach.  Gonna be fun.

No comments: